He Lives

I woke up with not one but two hymns on my heart this morning, "Because He Lives", and "He Lives". First off, I want to say thank you Lord for being you. Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins and for the sins of everyone else. Thank you for being raised from the dead after being buried 3 days in the tomb! What a miracle in and of itself. Thank you for taking back the keys to death and Hell. Because you live, I can face tomorrow. Because you live all fear is gone. Because I know you hold my future, and life is worth living just because you live. Now, I know what you're thinking...I took that from the hymn, and yes I did but applied it to myself and changed it up a little. But it's so true! And anyone who is saved by grace through faith can see it plain as day! If you have God on your side, you are on the winning team! Because Jesus lives, I can face today, tomorrow, and any upcoming day! The Bible says in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me ". If God has set you on a path to do something for His honor and glory, He will give you the strength to face the day and any days ahead. We have to "be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might" (Ephesians 6:10). Satan will try everything to discourage us from doing what God wants us to do, and that's what the armour of God is for, to keep him at bay. Ephesians 6:11-12 tell us to "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." 
As I'm writing this and reading my Bible, the Lord has brought something upon me. Something that I had been praying about and something that had been on my heart for days now. And it just so happens to be in this chapter of Ephesians that I'm going through again. I had forgotten where it even was, but God led me to it again this morning as I was typing this. Praise Him! He is so good to me! He's good all the time! The other day I was praying and reading this, and meditating on it. The verse is Ephesians 6:18-19. It says "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,". I don't know about you, but that hits me hard! I've been praying for God to give me utterance when I speak to someone about Christ. I don't always know what to say. I've had people stump me when asking questions, I've had people insult me, I've had people rip up my tracts right in front of me, etc. It's been a real learning experience to say the least. But I guess God wants me to go through this to make me into a better soul winner. It makes me nervous to just walk up and talk to people about Jesus, because I've been rejected so much. But when Satan puts those thoughts like "they don't want to hear what you have to say", or "they don't care about Jesus", and "if you share the gospel they won't receive it", things like that, it makes it hard to put myself out there and step out of my comfort zone. I feel unqualified, but then if you look at people throughout the Bible, they seem to have felt the same way also. But then I have to remember that the Lord is my strength, He goes before and behind me, little is much when God is in it, and then the voice of Satan gets further and further away. So when God tells us to put on the whole armour of God, this is the exact reason why! You remember what God has said. Let Him be your strength. 
Ephesians 6:13-17, "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:". Because He lives, I can face the enemy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Where could I go"